WHAT IS ACRO YOGA?
Acro Yoga is a partner-based exercise that combines yoga, acrobatics and thai massage. You use gravity and your body weight to strengthen and stretch in poses.
What I learned by doing ACRO YOGA is increasing the trust to myself and the acro yogis I am flowing with. In the beginning Acro Yoga is always with verbal communication, unless you have a well practiced or well rehearsed flow with a partner.
Acro Yoga is a highly inspiring and happiness bringing form of playing, experimenting, building trust and having fun. First photos of Acro Yoga were done by Tirumalai Krishnamacharya in 1930. Since then Acro Yoga evolved ever since.
In Acro Yoga there are this basic roles: the base, the flyer and the spotter (advanced Acro Yogis can fly without a spotter).
BENEFITS OF ACRO YOGA
1. ACRO YOGA WILL HELP YOU BUILD CORE STRENGT
AcroYoga utilizes your whole body in varying planes of motions and points of balance. By the dynamic nature of these movements, you have no choice but to depend on one solid center of gravity—by simultaneously engaging mula and uddiyana bandha.
No doubt, your ability to float and not feel like “deadweight” comes from staying connected from deep within your core.
2. WORK ON YOUR CALISTENIC CONDITIONING
The focus doesn’t lie on just your own body weight but also on the other person’s. As a base you must create a strong platform for your partner to move on, for the flyer you must balance and press up from the base without overwhelming the base.
It’s all about bench, overhead and leg pressing for the base with an added bonus of carrying a human being with a moving center of gravity
3. IMPORVE YOUR KINESTHETIC AWARENESS
One of the hardest Tasks of acroyoga is people not knowing where their body is in space. You must learn to examine joint alignment, body shape and position. By practicing acroyoga you’d experience what it feels like when joints are properly aligned to evenly distribute weight.
4. BUILDING TRUST IN YOURSELF AND OTHERS, FINDING SELF LOVE AND EMPATHY
Acro Yoga develop deep self-love, an increased empathy for others and communication skills.
5. BUILDS YOUR STAMINA
Also while playing your stamina will be build up and improved.
6. IMPROVES YOUR MEMORY
7. HELPS YOU IN MAKING QUICK DECISIONS
In Acro Yoga you need to do quick decions, that are best for your partner and you. This will also be mirrowed in your day to day life.
8. HELP YOU OVERCOME THE FEAR OF FALLING
Acro Yoga will help you to overcome the fear of falling. Cause you cannot do acro yoga as a flyer when you are scared of falling. The rewards are lots of smiles and happiness and a great feeling!
9. IMPROVES YOUR CONCENTRATION
Acro Yoga is improving your concentration and this helps you to ease your mind from worries and relieve stress, leading to a more peaceful life.
10. BOOSTS YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM AND LEADS TO AN OVERALL IMPROVED QUALITY OF LIFE
Yoga and Acro Yoga is boosting our immune systems and therefore can improve the quality of our life. You should definitly give Acro Yoga a try. It is totally worth it!
11. EASES VARIOUS CHRONIC HEALTH CONDITIONS
- such as insomnia, anxiety, depression, pain, etc.
- It improves digestion, boosts elimination of toxins, and improves blood circulation
12. THAI MASSAGE IN ACRO YOGA
Acro Yoga can also be used as therapeutic Yoga and helps the acro yogis with body pains, tensions and other problems. There are certain poses and flows to use Thai massage in the acro yoga session. This should be teached by an experienced Acro Yoga teacher to avoid damage.
- http://toscaperic.com/2020/06/27/10-ways-meditation-affects-you-positively/20 reasons why you should go on a Yoga retreat
- The Yoga Sutras
- 9 ways to have a great sleeping routine
- 10 yogic morning routines to start your day positively
- 4 easy steps to turn your home into an ashram
- 100 + benefits of Yoga
- 10 ways meditation affects you positivly